Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Summer Collections are here!

I’m excited to present this year’s Summer Enchantments collection with a sub-series based on The Garden of the Hesperides (revisited from my work in March 2010). 

The myth of the Hesperides tells the tale of guardian goddesses of the garden of the golden apples in the west. It was the golden glow of these apples that was thought to be the source of brilliant sunsets. Hera also placed in the garden a never-sleeping, hundred-headed dragon named Ladon as an additional safeguard to guard the apples.

This year, I spent a great deal of time reworking past summer designs. I’ve spent enough hours doing metalwork (soldering) that I finally feel comfortable with bigger experiments. As such, I sought to add metalwork structures and embellishments even on pieces that focus on wire wrapping or bezels. I am really pleased with the results:





Other new endeavors include my first attempts at using white copper clay. This is an unusual thing, white like silver yet it forms a patina with warm, earthy tones. I am OVER THE MOON with the latest Beekeeper as well as the iridescent patina that showed up on The Sun’s Crescendo:




I also added in 14K rose gold and I am in love with the color! I’ve even begun wearing rose gold myself, so I’m certain to keep it in rotation in my work. 





I wish you a wonderful Midsummer and Summer Solstice! Enjoy! 




No comments: