Here are a few of the new things you'll be seeing within my work this year:
1. Raw, rough cut gemstone nuggets.
2. The above searches led me to find free-form tavernier faceted gemstone cabochons which I am now madly in love with.
3. I've also begun working with a jeweler's hand saw, which opens up a bevy of metalwork applications including handcrafted bezel settings in something other than silver!
4. I discovered ammolite, which is a fossil of ammonite shells. They have a stunning chromatic shift with "dragon skin" or "stained glass" patterns and come in a wide variety of colors. Ammolite was recently given official gemstone status.
5. I also tinkered around with metal colorants and dyes.
6. I created a new design for my Sacred Heart pendants out of wire and hand-painted tissue in the vein of my winged insects, creatures, and lotus flowers.
7. I further practiced the advanced wire wrapping style that I learned late last year. This is a more in-the-moment style of designing that most of my other work, so it has been both stressful and incredibly freeing!
Happy New year, everyone! I'm very excited to see what this year has to offer and my creative muses are all fired up! I hope you enjoy this collection!