Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stream of Stars

You guys, I have been excited about this collection for months. This new collection, titled Stream of Stars, is a reinterpretation of the Constellations and the Night Sky collection that was released in early January 2011.

I generally wait longer than a year before revisiting a non-seasonal theme, but I was beside myself with excitement when I discovered this summer that I can turn my artwork into textures for imprinting onto metal. Constellations, I thought.

The seed of inspiration for these constellation-based series came from my childhood, my dad's telescope, and a road trip. I have always been fascinated by stars and space, constellations and planets, wishes and mysteries. Then, in the spring of 2010 I was on a long middle-of-the-night road trip from LA. The sky was clear and crystalline, the stars so low and bright that the Big Dipper, normally up in the sky, had nearly slipped into the horizon. It was absolutely breathtaking.

This time I offer Cassiopeia, Orion, Hercules, Perseus, Pegasus, The Southern Cross, The Seven Sisters, The Big Dipper, Draco, star clusters, and the Milky Way in addition to the twelve Zodiac Asterisms, two Moons of Jupiter, a nebula, and an array of showcase pieces. Enjoy!

In darkness, the stars shine forever...










No comments: