Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Website!

My new website is finally live!



My portfolio website has gone through seven different incarnations in the past nine years. Out of curiosity, I browsed through some of the old designs. Holy contact embarrassment! My design skills have come a long way over the years. ;)

I am doubly thrilled with the outcome of this new website design because I gave myself a crash course on HTML5/CSS (with a side of APIs) in order to create it. This is a dynamic leap away from the old school, table-based static pages of old. Stepping up to learn layers and div tags well enough to create this site has been very empowering.

An interesting note:

The deep red background was created with coffee splatters on parchment, scanned, and colorized in Photoshop. Yes, I am still finding coffee splatters in strange places where coffee doesn't belong. ;)

1 comment:

Shelly Sharp said...

Your web design is very mystifying, Alicia. The gothic theme goes well with your jewelry. However, I think you should try to add wallpaper to your background to highlight your boxes, and to customize the space as well.

Shelly @AlignedRightMedia.com