Monday, August 23, 2010

Then and Now

I am constantly striving to improve my work in any way I can. I have taken a big focus on photography lately. It's also been a year since the first hint of wire techniques came into my creations.

Eni posted a Then and Now challenge today that got me thinking about the way I always try to evolve my work, improve, and try new things. Since I revisited my branch necklace this year, I have the perfect example!


THEN: Autumn's Branch, August 2009



NOW: Halloween Branch, Upcoming in Halloween 2010



No matter what, I will always say that I still have more work to do. I have a list a mile long of new techniques and materials to try, advanced wire techniques to learn, and photography tips to employ. I'm very happy with where I've come from, and I'm very hopeful about where I might go.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, quite a difference. Last year's is pretty, but this year's is GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see the rest of the collection.

sagcat said...

Quite a cool post, Alicia. I really, really see the difference. Your wire work is really more precise and eloquent now. And it was pretty damned cool a year ago.

djnevermore said...

Your skill expands along with your vision.