Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Springtime!

It's now springtime at Elements & Artifacts! I just released a jewelry collection full of Nymphs, Dryads, Greek Muses, a rhapsody of spring flowers, and lots of new wire work!

The work in this collection is a mix of old and new; I tend to revisit and evolve my work through certain timeless concepts such as seasons, months of the year, and sabbats. With those, I add in new subseries that have been the subject of my research. At times, ideas for collections can be months or even years old. I tend to percolate them in my brain and my sketchbook until they're just right. I also have to wait for the right time of year to roll around in many cases.

It has now been 6 months since I bought a bench block and jeweler's hammers and began my journey with hand-forged wire, ornate wire wrapping, and metalwork. I'm marking it here because it was a very positive and inspiring turn for me. I was following a dream that I had previously thought unreachable, and I was stepping into something that would give my work it's own distinct style.

Here are a few items from the collection, with ~50 more at my website! There will also be a handful of jewelry stragglers in a few weeks; I'm working on learning a new and exciting wire-wrapping technique, one I've been wanting to learn for many years, and I needed a bit more time.













Elements & Artifacts Spring Jewelry: Nymphs, Dryads, and Greek Muses

No comments: