Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Elements & Artifacts Autumn Collection!

I finished my autumn collection! Autumn is the highlight of my year, followed closely by Halloween and Yule, so this was a dream to create and photograph.

My Halloween collection will be up sometime between the first day of Autumn and October 1st, and I promise my resin leaf pendants will be in that update since they didn't make it into this one. :)

Feel free to contact me if you need something reserved or held until payday, or if something you love has been sold.

http://elementsandartifacts.com





Autumn's Branch
Tangled branches of shadow
wrinkle crisp lines in
the September air.




Autumn Sun
The autumn sun burns brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.



Black Oak
Listen ...
With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, break free from the trees
And fall.




Sugar Maple
Listen ...
With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, break free from the trees
And fall.




Acorn
The oak sleeps in the acorn.



Indian Summer
The Indian Summer is said to be the dead summer's soul, returned in autumn with a final blaze of warmth.



Chrysanthemum
Never have I seen a more breathtaking array of autumn colors than in the full bloom of a chrysanthemum.



Mabon
Revel in the bounty of this harvest, which is also a festival of the wine deities. As such, it is also a time of mischief and merrymaking!



Lughnasadh
Middle summer; the first harvest.



Autumn's Lullaby
Sleep away the night
As leaves fall beyond your window.
Gold and red swirls of delight,
Where the feet of Autumn dance,
Faerie-like on the ground,
With whistling winds blowing round..



The rest are at http://elementsandartifacts.com!!

5 comments:

girleevviill said...

Oh, I LOVE Sugar Maple. Do you plan on re-making that one?

Alicia Dabney said...

girleevviill, I can definitely recreate it, except that I can only order sugar maple pendants in sterling silver and deep red copper. No gunmetal ones are to be found right now. :(

Tricia said...

I love the Autumns Branch and the Indian Summer. Read the first page of Tuck Everlasting before you do your next summer collection. It reminded me of your Indian Summer piece. As always, you are so creative. How much are these pieces running???

Anna said...

Beautiful, creative, and appropriate for the season.

amanda nay said...

These are gorgeous. I am not big on jewelry but I wish I had a ton of money to buy more than one of these!